The Ngati Manawa Group was created after extensive consultation and approval by Registered Adult Members before the signing of the final Deed of Settlement and consists of the following entities:
1. Te Runanga o Ngati Manawa Trust, the governing body that monitors all other entities in the Group.
2. Ngati Manawa Custodian Ltd a nominee company created to hold properties acquired by the Runanga through the Treaty settlement. The directors of the company are the Trustees of the Runanga.
3. Ngati Manawa Development Ltd, a company created to invest and create wealth for the Group. The Directors are Quentin Hix, Graham Naylor and Laurie Porima.
4. Ngati Manawa Tokowaru Asset Holding Company Ltd a company created to hold and manage Ngati Manawa’s fishing quota and shares, in line with the requirements of the Maori Fisheries Act and Te Ohu Kai Moana. The directors are Murray Patchell and Bert Messent.
5. Ngati Manawa Trustee Company Ltd a company formed to act as the Trustee of the Ngati Manawa Charitable Trust. The Runanga appointed directors of the company in the course of establishing the Charitable Trust. Having a company as the Trustee responsible for the administration and control of the Charitable Trust Fund. The directors are Jenny Kaka-Scott, Eugene Berryman-Kamp and John Porima.
6. Ngati Manawa Charitable Trust is currently in the process of conducting research and developing plans for board and community consultation.
7. The Management Service Organisation (MSO) is the operating unit of the Group, responsible for serving the subsidiary entities as well as the Runanga. The General Manager is Maramena Vercoe, who works closely with three staff members, Tania Edwards (Project Manager), Ima Nuku (ICT/Iwi Registrar), Byron Rangiwai (Environment Coordinator), Lynette Tai (Cleaner), Deloitte Ltd (Accountant) and Kahui Legal (Legal Team)
CNI Iwi Holdings Ltd, the jointly owned company established to hold the forestry lands returned to Central North Island iwi under the commercial settlement and to conduct the Mana Whenua process, continues to work with the Iwi PSGE to complete the allocation of lands within the agreed extended time June 2014. The Ngati Manawa directors are Maremena Vercoe and Laurie Porima.